I'm getting ready for the EdTech Mixed Plate Show tonight, pondering one of the questions that will be asked of me:
"How do you curate what you find online so you will remember to use and to share with others?"Great time to do an inventory of the social media tools I use regularly to curate links and share ideas!
[You need to know that I manage everything in the Chrome Bookmark Manager.]
|This is my SocMedia folder on my bookmark bar, with Twitter selected|
Must-have for COLLECTING:
(1) Chrome Bookmarks Bar
(2) Google+ Circles posts, especially MVP circle
(3) Twitter lists, e.g., teacher-librarian list, and private MVP list
(4) Feedly - news aggregator app
(5) Paper.li - create a newspaper (e.g. #GTANY Daily) and subscribe via email, e.g.,
Must-have for ORGANIZING:
Chrome Bookmarks Bar
(7) Archived tweets form and spreadsheet
Must-Have for SHARING:
(10) YouTube channel
(11) Blogger - maulibrarian2 in Olinda
Must-Have for KEEPING TRACK OF INTEREST:
(13) Google Analytics
I'll be talking about how these social media tools fit into my curation work flow.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
It was great sharing!
Thanks to the EdTech Mixed Plate group, +Rachel Armstrong, +Michelle Carlson Colte, +Megan Cummings, and +Michael Fricano II, for inviting me on the show!