Well, you want to make sure your Google Plus settings are configured so that you'll receive email and/or phone notifications of Hangout and Event developments.
Here's a notifications tutorial, presented below in four different ways. Feel free to learn from and share in whichever of the four ways you prefer.
1. Google Slides
Here are the original instructions I created on Google Slides (share with attribution).
I saved each of the Google slides above as jpegs and uploaded them to gifmaker.me. Free and easy and customizable.
|Download gif, with attribution.|
Control-click (Mac) / Right-click (pc) over image.
Slideshare has been called The Quiet Giant of Content Marketing by Forbes Magazine. It seems to be a rock-solid favorite for educators. I like it too.
4. Written instructions
Go to Google Plus, and
1. Click on settings (hover your cursor over the left side to view the pull-down menu bar).
2. Select "Who can send you notifications".
3. Customize "Who can hang out with you".
4. Check the box "Get Notified about Hangout Requests", and Save.
5. Scroll down in settings to Receive notifications by email or phone.
Old-school, and very effective, in my opinion. :)
How do you learn best? Which of these presentation methods do you prefer? A combination, perhaps?
Have fun hanging out on air!