Yes, she does this for fun!
JD asked me what I think are the best hashtags to include in her tweets to (1) categorize her tweets and to (2) share her tweets beyond our school community.
These are the hashtags I recommend to JD, and to any other student curator interested in utilizing Twitter to its fullest.
1. #edchat - wildly popular hashtag that covers just about everything educational
2. #edtech - anything to do with using technology in the classroom
9. #elearning - anything to do with online educationAdditionally, I'm recommending these two hashtags specifically for JD:
10. #mlearning - the use of mobile devices in the classroom
11. #ipaded - use of the iPad in the classroom (she has an iPad2 which she uses for most of her school work)
12. #DoGood - for self-improvement and to help others (a topic in which JD has expressed interest)Other student curators will discover their own special interest hashtags, as they explore the riches of Twitter.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
I invite you to follow JD on Twitter to keep up with her latest finds and to subscribe to her blog JD's Picks to read about her picks in more detail.
P. S. We're very happy to be the beneficiaries of JD's love of learning and sharing!