Unable to attend ISTE in person this year? Me too. :/
1. Follow the official ISTE Twitter hashtag #ISTE2015. Yes, of course, you already knew that.
Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Tweetchat, Nurph, Storify, others? You decide how you want to tame the hashtag flood.
2. Download the ISTE Program mobile app from the Apple iTunes Store or the Google play store, and be sure to check the News and Announcements throughout the conference.
3. Follow the #ISTE2015 hashtag on Instagram here (also available on the program app).
People are already beginning to post. Here's a neat one, a video from Rocky Hill School.
4. Watch TeacherCast Live broadcasts hosted by +Jeffrey Bradbury, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, June 29 - July 1. Here's the broadcasting schedule.
Wow! What an array of learning opportunities! Mahalo, Jeff.
5. Join the energetic Not At ... EdTechConference G+ Community here, organized by +Jennifer Wagner, with door prizes! (My favorite). Jennifer is trying to encourage people to move out of the current #NOTATISTE Community here; be sure to check that out too.
Numbers 6 through 10 are all available for the Not At ... EdTechConference G+ Community. Yes, join!
6. Introduce yourself to the #NOTATISTE G+ community with your own badge, which you can make here. You can add ribbons like the one at the top of this post, here.
7. Play #NOTATISTE Bingo here. (Prizes!)
8. Take the NOTATISTE Challenge here. (More prizes!)
9. Do a NOTATISTE Ignite Session. Fill out the form here.
10. Support Slice of ISTE here, recommended by +Jennifer Wagner .
Thank you for all of your work coordinating the NOTATISTE G+ community, Jennifer!
11. Join a Voxer chat. Have friends going to ISTE? Keep in touch with them via Voxer, a texting and audio synchronous and asynchronous app.
Look at the gigantic Educational Voxer PLN List here (add yourself), by +Theresa Stager, and the Educational Voxer Group Directory based on ISTE themes here organized by +Karen Corbell, +Heather Gauck, and +Sarah Thomas, and edited by +Anibal Pacheco. Fill out the form to add an #eduvoxer group here.
12. Be sure to read about what Blogger Extraordinaire +Sue Waters is doing: #NotAtISTE? How to Participate in ISTE 2015 Remotely, including,
13. Her shared Google Doc here, and
14. Her Flipboard ISTE Insights Magazine here (she is looking for curators in different time zones).
15. People will be sharing their #ISTE15 experience on Flipgrid. How cool is that?
Share your #ISTE2015 experience with those #notatiste this year. Add your 90 sec video on: http://t.co/RwOgLfMiHK pic.twitter.com/Iua4QgPJUf— Kristina Holzweiss (@lieberrian) June 17, 2015
Can't wait to see who will share! Thank you, +Kristina Holzweiss !
16. Read blogs by ISTE attendees. I'm sure there will be many excellent posts coming out of the Bloggers Cafe. And I hope
17. Become a NOTATISTE blogger. Sharing is caring! I'm planning to blog about what I learn, and I know others will too.
18. Subscribe to Google for Education's G+ ISTE 2015 Collection (and turn notifications on) here.
19. EdTekHub is mum about what it's offering, but I'm sure it will be useful. I'll add the information here, as soon as it becomes available.
20. Watch the TL (Teacher-Librarian) Chat News Night, LIVE at ISTE on Wednesday, July 1, at about 10:00 am EDT, right after the ISTE Librarians Network Annual Breakfast. Yes, this G+ hangout will be for school librarians, but other educators will benefit too. The theme is "ISTE Takeaways" and +Elissa Malespina and +Nikki D Robertson will be hosting. Can't wait.
21. Watch Ditch That Textbook blogger and Google Certified Teacher +Matt Miller present at ISTE while holding a Hangout on Air for us to watch live!
The first session is: Ditch That Textbook: Interactive lecture, Monday, June 29, 4:15 - 5:15 pm EDT.
Description: "Engage students, integrate meaningful technology and free your teaching! Ditch That Textbook blogger Matt Miller will lead a back-channel session at ISTE 2015 on ditching your textbooks -- and your textbook assumptions about education."
RSVP YES to the hangout event here to get notifications, watch via the hangout event (you can participate in the Q and A), or watch on YouTube live or later.
22. Matt's second session is: Sharing is Caring BYOD, Wednesday, July 1, 11:45 am - 12:45 pm, EDT.
"We'll introduce you to a long list of collaborative activities using the Google Apps suite at ISTE 2015. We'll demonstrate real-time collaboration, chat, commenting and link-sharing capabilities of Google Apps. These activities can cross over to administration, enabling powerful modes of staff communication. "
RSVP YES to the hangout event here to get notifications and watch via the hangout event (you can participate in the Q and A), or watch on YouTube live or later.